We at Land Assurance are dedicated to growing multi-specie hardwood plantations for a variety of people and organizations. We have over twelve years of hands-on experience in Costa Rica real estate, reforestation, and managing plantations for ourselves and our clients. We also count on a top-notch team, from our home-grown foremen in the field to internationally recognized forestry experts.
Our primary goal: to help pioneer sustainable, ground-breaking contributions to the health of our planet, while earning healthy returns for our investors, and for our workers in Costa Rica that put in the back breaking labor to make it all happen.
Our approach to reforestation together with your real estate investment puts your money to work under a dynamic paradigm. It allows you to start repaying your debt to nature directly, while ultimately earning an impressive additional return on your real estate investment for you or your beneficiaries, be they family, other loved ones, or a favorite charity. Your ownership of hardwood trees in Costa Rica establishes a unique connection between you and the world's health: a relationship that's interactive, long-term, and mutually beneficial. The positive impact is important, in all the ways that count:
- by "capturing and sequestering" tons of carbon dioxide emissions, your trees in Costa Rica will work on your behalf to combat global warming and ozone depletion;
- by converting real estate that has been abused for years as cow pasture into a beautiful poly-culture tree plantation;
- by sponsoring a multi-species, ecologically managed plantation, you will help preserve and regenerate local biodiversity in Costa Rica, while also mitigating the ever-growing pressure to log the remaining tropical rainforests in Costa Rica and elsewhere;
- by collaborating with us in setting an example, in which business works with instead of against the environment--freeing the latter from dependence upon mere charity-- you will help inspire others to explore similarly ground-breaking alternatives in Costa Rica and elsewhere; and
- by investing now in the sort of property and eco-plantation we advocate, you and your heirs will stand to receive robust financial returns in perpetuity, i.e., for as long the farm is responsibly managed.
Bottom line: if ever the time will come for free enterprise to join hands with the environment, so that both may flourish, that time is now.
Go back to top of page
Reforestation Mission Statement
- To unite the currents of two historically antagonistic forces: free market forces and environmentalism;
- To earn a healthy return for your investments and for our plantation workers and their families;
- To capture and sequester carbon dioxide, with the aim of combating global warming and other serious imbalances caused by excessive greenhouse gas emissions;
- To lead by example in the creation of sustainable eco-developments projects, in which cattle pasture is allowed to regenerate into forest, due to restrictions dicating that at least 90 percent of the land on each parcel sold be allowed to remain forever green with building allowed only on a maximum of ten percent;
- To help pioneer and teach sustainable reforestation practices;
- To promote and support the achievement of equal rights for the women of Costa Rica, particularly those in isolated rural areas;
- To utilize multiple plant and tree species under an organic framework to renovate the soil of Costa Rica and recreate biodiversity;
- To fund the regeneration and preservation of existing primary and secondary rainforest adjacent to our plantations;
- To provide local markets in Costa Rica as well as international markets with plantation lumber as a means of reducing the logging pressures on remaining tropical rainforests.
Go back to top of page
Services We Offer
1. Help you find the best property
We know of many beautiful properties, some with trees already planted, others ideally suited for that purpose. If you would let us know your approximate budget, and exactly what kind of features you are looking for, we'll do our best to find you a perfect property in Costa Rica.
If you are interested in purchasing land to have trees planted on, then we suggest that you plan on spending a minimum of $80,000, plus closing costs and commissions of ten to fifteen percent (total of ~$90,000). That sum would include purchasing the real estate and doing the first year of planting. Depending on the presence or absence of special features, such as nice views, rivers, beach access, etc., for $80,000 you could expect to have 10-25 arable acres, plus a certain percentage of adjacent primary and secondary jungle.
2. Help you select, inspect and buy your property safely and securely
We will represent your interests in Costa Rica, from the selection of initial properties for you to consider, through the inspection process, to the negotiations and finally the closing. We have done similar transactions for years, and thus, over time, have assembled an ace team of professionals (lawyers, topographers, forestry experts, etc.) to get the job done for you.
Examples of the kinds of "due diligence" tasks we can have done for you: soil sampled and tested; topographer's property plat map done and issued; title researched; drainage study performed; etc. In all cases we issue you a comprehensive report.
3. Help you manage and selectively harvest your plantation.
Once you are a property owner, you have the option of hiring topographer and lawyer Alex Barrantes to handle the long-term management of your investment. We can also provide you with an expertly-conceived planting and/or maintenance plan. Please contact us for more details.
Go back to top of page